... and in breaking news, a fortysomething bloke decides that he has important things to tell the world and starts blogging. The world is whelmed.
Hello, readers. Welcome to A piece of my brain, in which I aim to write about the things that interest me. I'm doing this to focus my mind and build up a regular discipline of considered writing. Most of my writing is as a policy wonk and this will be good for that, but also I hope to do something more than that specialised and pretty dull way of communicating.
Who should read it? We'll see, but if you are interested in development, human rights, justice, wordplay, social media, Doctor Who, cycling, photography, politics and how we can make the most of our world,* then you might find something here. There will also be more than a little bit of silliness along the way.
So if you care to, please watch this space. If all goes according to plan you will be able to read about these exciting topics:
Please feel free to comment - perhaps there are one or two of these ideas that you desperately need to read as soon as possible. I will endeavour to comply.
cheers
James
* Yep, I'm an inner city leftie.
Hello, readers. Welcome to A piece of my brain, in which I aim to write about the things that interest me. I'm doing this to focus my mind and build up a regular discipline of considered writing. Most of my writing is as a policy wonk and this will be good for that, but also I hope to do something more than that specialised and pretty dull way of communicating.
Who should read it? We'll see, but if you are interested in development, human rights, justice, wordplay, social media, Doctor Who, cycling, photography, politics and how we can make the most of our world,* then you might find something here. There will also be more than a little bit of silliness along the way.
So if you care to, please watch this space. If all goes according to plan you will be able to read about these exciting topics:
- Stalked! I am seeing acid green Mazda2's everywhere I go. It must mean something...
- Empathy and Twitter. Can following people whose ideas I dislike help me to get past my innate prejudice?
- The transit of Venus. It's a twice in a lifetime chance to blind yourself by looking at a very small dot on the solar disc. Can I take a decent photo of it?
- The deep pleasure of choral singing
- A rant about the pathetic depths that the political debate on asylum seekers continues to plumb. I believe this is required for my basic blogger accreditation.
- David Astle: cruciverbalist deity or utter bastard?
- Childhood revisited: Is being an adult fan of a childhood love a real thing, or just a protracted exercise in nostalgia?
- After the Millennium Development Goals: The MDGs have been great. They have enabled the world to concentrate on overcoming some of the most fundamental causes of poverty. But they end in 2015. What do we want for MDG2?
Please feel free to comment - perhaps there are one or two of these ideas that you desperately need to read as soon as possible. I will endeavour to comply.
cheers
James
* Yep, I'm an inner city leftie.
First!!! :) Great to see part of your brain exposed...wait..let me rephrase that....;)
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to some barely concealed deepness and random hilarity. Blog on, dude.
ReplyDeleteI think I’ve seen this piece of your brain but it’s usually in random order. Looking forward to the next instalment. And the answer to point 6 is “both, of course!” xox
ReplyDeleteSounds fun. Bring it.
ReplyDelete